• View Profile
From my side, as I often use HFS on UNIX, I prefer the tar format  ;D
Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
If you ask me, downloading a file that large without a proper download manager is about as dodgy as driving a car with bald tyres.
ROFL `n` lol @mars
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND

Offline zigomatic

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Dear,

I think , it's a good idea to implement this like some rapidshare or other hosting stuff use this method.
It's not a problem on IE or Firefox , it's more a problem in general way to manage files more than X GB,
there is limitation on proxy level also, during all tests, there is one proxy based on linux cutting the transfer a 2.00GB.
Even with firefox and the plugin download_them_all , i need to stop and restart the download manualy which is not user friendly.

Another comment about folder TAR ,i very a good idea but if i have 25GB (so big folders) on the folder, this would be nice to be disabled.

Have nice day

Offline luca69

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

Another comment about folder TAR ,i very a good idea but if i have 25GB (so big folders) on the folder, this would be nice to be disabled.

Select the folder, right mouse button and select the Properties .... click on "Flags" tab and deselect "Archivable"   ;D
Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
You are so fuzzking awsome luca69, where have you been!?  :-*
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
there is limitation on proxy level also, during all tests, there is one proxy based on linux cutting the transfer a 2.00GB.
Even with firefox and the plugin download_them_all , i need to stop and restart the download manualy which is not user friendly.

i wonder how many people are behind such proxy.
i consider it an interesting feature, just less urgent than many others.
but HFS is open source and anyone (skilled) can decide to spend time on this.

as luca says, it is enabled by default on the root, but you can decide to set it on specific folders only.