rejetto forum

A REAL CHALLENGE!!

Guest · 7 · 3217

moghareeb

Hey all,

I've got a very wierd case here ..

I've got a HFS up on an IP and everything is made perfectly .. ports forwarded, firewall configured, the server can be accessed from the outside world .. BUT .. at one moment it just decides to give a "Page cannot be displayed error" .. without any change in settings .. no change in IP .. NOTHING!! and to my surprize .. after sometime passes .. I try later and find it again working .. AGAIN WITH NO CHANGES!! So, basicaly, there is something that happenes in the Server, the router, or somewhere else that I don't know or understand .. but it really is giving me a headache!!

Please anyone has any ideas .. please tell me ..

Thanks all in advance :)

Anonymous

Could be something in the page itself causing that "Page cannot be displayed error".  Check the coding for errors.  Make sure HFS has access to the page.   Look for bad or sometime not responsive external links etc.  I don't think this is a HFS issue.

moghareeb

This is driving me nuts .. actually the page is at times working perfectly .. but "just like that" stops working and the server doesnot respond!!!

Anonymous

Maybe the page or something within it is being "blocked" by an external program you are running in the background .  (ex.. firewall, popup blockers, spyware blockers etc.).  Does the page require javascript or anything else enabled in the browser to see it?

By the way, what kind of page is this?  Can you describe it or give a link to it so we can test.  Maybe once we know we might be able to give you better help.

Anonymous

maybe turn off your firewall and only port forward on the router!

Offline obr9999

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
system restore has helped me a few times. I use AOL _ DSL and some registry setting get changed once in awhile in the browsers.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
when it does not work, you should start check that the port is really open.
you can do that by using telnet, on 2000/XP it displays an empty black box when the TCP connections has been established.
after checking locally, you should try telnetting from another PC on the lan.
then from another PC on the internet.

this can give you a first information: who can actually open my server port?