rejetto forum

Drag and Drop and Add to HFS don't work

Offline click-click

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I just downloaded HFS 2.3g to give it a try and did a simple test in easy mode on my localhost. After I start HFS, I get a virtual drive on the left hand side with nothing in it. If I try and drag files there, nothing appears. If I add to HFS via the explorer context menu, nothing appears. The only way I can add files to the virtual drive is to Add files... from the context menu for the virtual drive.  My system is Win7 32-bit.

What did I miss doing to get the other 2 options for adding files to work?

Thanks ..

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i never saw a similar problem.
It may be that your HFS is running with different permissions that the rest of your system.
Maybe you ran it "as administrator", then try not to.
If you didn't, then try to! :)

Offline click-click

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Now that's weird. After having this problem I did not try HFS anymore. If I recall correctly, I had tried HFS both as Admin and non-Admin and the results were the same. I have rebooted since having that problem and today, after reading your append, I tried HFS again and it now works if running as non-admin, but does not as Admin. This is the first time I've used an app where admin rights caused a program to malfunction. Usually it's the other way around.   ;D

Why would different privileges be cause for drag and drop not working?

Also, HFS always shows Fully downloaded in the log even if I cancel the download. It would be good to know if a download was successfully downloaded or not. Is there any way HFS can determine if a download was cancelled or interrupted and give the appropriate msg?

« Last Edit: October 25, 2015, 11:50:00 PM by click-click »

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
  • I'm only trying to help i mean no offense.
    • View Profile
    • My HFS Google Drive Shared Link
normally the admin non acess is to protect user files form system form doing somethign silly. WIndows "system" user is an admin that can brak things beasue of it lvel of administration. It apears that wehn you ran the program as admin, windwos securty feature prevente it acess rights to use explorer.
Files I have snagged and share can be found on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
 I use windows XP as OS, Drag and drop on hfs work perfectly when it is running as administrator or not from my personal account,  hfs is certainly not the direct problem,  the security of latests OSs is probably the source where find  the answer 

we should see if the use of other software under the same conditions of a drag-drop, reproduces these dysfunctions