rejetto forum

Macros to serve HTTP status codes

raybob · 25 · 10162

Offline raybob

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • FileSplat.com
No, I'm saying that going with my options, nothing I change seems to have an effect, yet clicking temporarily reset options fixes it immediately.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
ah ok.
So, it is an option OR the template.
try to backup your template then "html template > restore default"

Offline raybob

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • FileSplat.com
Next time I'm getting traffic I'll try replacing the template.  That very well could be the problem since it's over 300KB in size ;)

Though how could the template be the problem if HFS also lags downloading files, not just pages?

I'll let you know the results.

---------------------------------------------------------

OK, without traffic, I tested how long it took HFS to generate a page with a bunch of {.exec.} commands in it..... usually it would take ~770 milliseconds but as high as 2 seconds to generate it, with my standard template.  Changing the template to a nearly blank one had no effect.

Next I'll test with heavy concurrent traffic.

---------------------------------------------------------

Two more things.... Do you think it has an effect that my VFS has 634 items in it?  I feel like this is the most likely cause.

Anyway, here's my customized options just as another thought:

Code: [Select]
# 2.3 beta (build 279)
window-max=yes
# default: no

easy=no
# default: yes

port=80
# default:

files-box-ratio=0.1609375
# default: 0

log-max-lines=0
# default: 2000

log-file-name=C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Desktop\Logs\HFS Main Log.log
# default:

log-font-name=Arial
# default:

log-font-size=8

log-date=yes

log-only-served=no

log-server-start=yes

log-server-stop=yes

log-replies=yes

log-file-tabbed=yes

log-apache-format=%h %l %u %t \"%r\" %>s %b \"%{Referer}i\" \"%{User-agent}i\"
# default:

tpl-file=C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Desktop\Global Template.tpl
# default:

confirm-exit=yes

keep-bak-updating=no

custom-ip=www.filesplat.com
# default:

search-better-ip=no

start-minimized=yes

auto-save-vfs=yes

use-comment-as-realm=no

getright-template=no

dont-include-port-in-url=yes

delete-partial-uploads=yes

rename-partial-uploads=%name%.partialupload
# default:

tray-icon-for-each-download=no

enable-fingerprints=no

send-hfs-identifier=no

list-protected-items=yes

browse-localhost=no

default-sorting=ext
# default: name

auto-save-vfs-every=60

last-update-check=40575.7608544907

tray-message=Uptime: %uptime%\nDownloads: %downloads%\nTotal Hits: %hits%
# default: %ip%\nUptime: %uptime%\nDownloads: %downloads%

max-ips=100

max-connections=400

max-contemporary-dls=25

max-contemporary-dls-ip=5

flash-on=
# default: download

graph-rate=1
# default: 10

no-reply-ban=yes

(long ban list removed for privacy)

add-to-folder=/
# default:

last-file-open=C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Desktop\Server File System.vfs
# default:

encode-spaces=no

mime-types=*.js|text/javascript|*.htm;*.html|text/html|*.jpg;*.jpeg;*.jpe|image/jpeg|*.gif|image/gif|*.png|image/png|*.bmp|image/bmp|*.ico|image/x-icon|*.css|text/css|*.txt|text/plain|*.mpeg;*.mpg;*.mpe|video/mpeg|*.avi|video/x-msvideo|*.tpl|text/plain|*.swf|application/x-shockwave-flash
# default: *.htm;*.html|text/html|*.jpg;*.jpeg;*.jpe|image/jpeg|*.gif|image/gif|*.png|image/png|*.bmp|image/bmp|*.ico|image/x-icon|*.mpeg;*.mpg;*.mpe|video/mpeg|*.avi|video/x-msvideo|*.txt|text/plain|*.css|text/css|*.js|text/javascript

in-browser-if-mime=yes

icon-masks=.jpg|10001||.mp3|10001||.pdf|10002||.jpg|10001||.mp3|10001||.pdf|10002||.jpg|10001||.mp3|10001||.pdf|10002||.jpg|10001||.mp3|10001||.pdf|10002||.jpg|10001||.mp3|10001||.pdf|10002||.jpg|10001||.mp3|10001||.pdf|10002||.jpg|10001||.mp3|10001||.pdf|10002||.jpg|10001||.mp3|10001||.pdf|10002||.jpg|10001||.mp3|10001||.pdf|10002||.jpg|10001||.mp3|10001||.pdf|10002||.jpg|10001||.mp3|10001||.pdf|10002||.jpg|10001||.mp3|10001||.pdf|10002||.jpg|10001||.mp3|10001||.pdf|10002||.jpg|10001||.mp3|10001||.pdf|10002||.jpg|10001||.mp3|10001||.pdf|10002||.jpg|10001||.mp3|10001||.pdf|10002||
# default:

(address2name removed for privacy)

recent-files=C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Desktop\Server File System.vfs|C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Desktop\Server File System.vfs|C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Desktop\test.vfs
# default:

trusted-files=C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Desktop\Server File System.vfs|C:\Documents and Settings\admin\Desktop\Server File System.vfs
# default:

tray-instead-of-quit=yes

compressed-browsing=no

hints4newcomers=no

log-toolbar-expanded=yes

do-not-log-address=192.168.1.1-192.168.1.80
# default:

min-disk-space=10

out-total=229392697625

in-total=27657785166

hits-total=404436

downloads-total=85054

upload-total=1922

connections-columns=IP address;174|File;417|Status;196|Speed;72|Time left;77|Progress;980|
# default: IP address;206|File;206|Status;206|Speed;50|Time left;50|Progress;50|

update-daily=no

ip-services=http://www.whatismyip.org/|;http://www.melauto.it/public/rejetto/ip.php|;http://checkip.dyndns.org|:;http://www.canyouseeme.org|td><b>
# default:

ip-services-time=40662.6237840394

-------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT

I took my VFS, cleared it down to 2 items, and my personal page which typically took 0.7-0.8 seconds to load now took around 0.6 seconds to load.  Not really solved yet.

I'll have to test that with high traffic though.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 04:24:22 AM by raybob »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i didn't see anything strange in your options.
it must be the tpl.

Offline raybob

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • FileSplat.com
After some testing, I can conclusively say that it IS my VFS that is causing the lag.  My VFS is 168KB in size and has ~750 items.  After renaming the VFS and restarting HFS, it was able to respond to all requests almost instantly, and without a frozen GUI.  The problem has been getting worse lately and I guess my large VFS explains it.  This also explains why the problem doesn't occur in FHFS :)

At one point today I had 11 simultaneous downloads and it took ~5 minutes to generate a single user page with ~20 files.  Also it seems as if HFS puts files in priority over pages (good for HFS' original purpose but not for me lol) as starting a file download was almost instant, while generating a page was extraordinarily slow.

ALSO I'm unable to test this with old versions because apparently there's something in my events script that doesn't work before 279 ( {.cookie.}? ) and so no URLs load at all if using 274  :(

Another thought:  I was wondering why the VFS in FHFS has paths stored as clear text, while the VFS in my Filesplat server seems to be completely encoded.... it was started with build 274 (or maybe even it was 2.2f).  Was it changed since then, and would I have a performance benefit if I somehow converted to the new version?  

This has gotten so bad that with 8 downloads it takes several minutes to load a page with macros.

Two more things I thought of:  1) Would HFS would better outside a VM?  2) Would HFS run better with a professional or server version of windows?

And yet another find.... with high traffic loading pages with few macros (preferences page etc.) takes only a few seconds, but loading macro-heavy pages (like user files pages) can take up to several MINUTES.

LASTLY:  If you want to test the site yourself Rejetto go to www.filesplat.com and see how long it takes to load the main page... see the source at the top for the %build-time% and then go to /~currentdls to see the number of downloads at that moment.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 10:02:14 PM by raybob »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
it's strange that 750 items are "too much".
consider that the VFS can also contain scripts in it. That may be the problem.

HFS gives no priority to downloads over pages. That must be an apparent side effect of your speed problem.

the reason for encoded VFS is that above 10KB the file gets compressed.

1) VMs always introduce an overhead, i don't know if it's appreciable in your case

2) i have no idea, but i don't expect that

the build time for me was 0.024s
« Last Edit: January 15, 2012, 09:18:34 PM by rejetto »

Offline raybob

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • FileSplat.com
Hmmm.... as a result of me upgrading to Server 2008 the loading speed for pages is literally 10-20x faster....

The front page typically takes .016 seconds now whereas a file page with 20 files, 2 folders, 2 hash calculations that used to take 12 seconds now takes 0.5-2 seconds to load.

I haven't had any serious load lately but when I do I'll let you know if it's any faster.

EDIT:  My problem seems to be solved... while 4 concurrent downloads would mostly lock it up before now it causes pretty much zero increase in page loading time....

I'm thinking it might be due to increased IO performance.... VirtualBox seems to like VDI files much more than VMDK, that might be one of the causes.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 11:32:23 AM by raybob »

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline raybob

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • FileSplat.com
yes i mean to add something like that.
that was already in the to-do list, in this line

+ macros missing to cache a folder: {.reply|content=|var=|code=|filename=|mime=.}

i meant it as a way to provide cached content, but it would work for your purpose too.
keep an eye on future builds for new commands.
unfortunately i didn't solve my problems stopping me from developing hfs yet. :(

Has this yet come to reality?  :)