Software > F.A.Q.s

Portable sHFS : HFS via Stunnel with configuration GUI [english]

(1/10) > >>

AvvA:
Sujet français ici !

January 30, 2011
Portable pack - (3540 Ko) - (MD5 : 6829421d4ba6e48945740d5a83389a5f) - auto-extractible 7zip archive.
GUI v0.7 (Français/English) - HFS 2.3 beta Build #273 Français & English - stunnel 4.35b1 - openssl 1.0.0c 32bits - C++ 2008 dll 32 bits

This should work on Windows NT and above, on 32 and 64 bits versions.

Sources (AutoIt 3)
(MD5 : c530a16b27a5b658c4fd32e68d20820d)

Hello :)

First, native english people, please forgive my dirty english ;D (well, non-native : just suffer the poor quality :p)

This project purpose is to quickly have a safe way of transfering files.
I created nothing but the GUI, all the flowers should and will go to rejetto for his HFS server, Stunnel team for their great tunnel and OpenSSL for their greats keys et locks. Some will go to ~GeeS~ and SilentPliz, who made the tutorials that guide me to make the GUI, and to the documentation writers of Stunnel and OpenSSL who's have made things quite good.  :-*
I just made some little modification when coding according to ~GeeS~'s tutorial, because you don't want to fill certificate information in a dos box, hum well... I guess ^^'
I also decided to leave you free of changing almost anything in it, but it's not necessary :)
As a legal notice, OpenSSL ask to include the following :
This product includes software developed by the OpenSSL Project for use in the OpenSSL Toolkit. (http://www.openssl.org/)

Tested on these systems
32 bits
- XP SP2,SP3
- Vista Premium SP1
- Seven Pro
64 bits
- Vista Ultimate SP1
- Seven Pro
*A small answer here, saying your OS and if its 64 or 32 bits, and if it works or not, will always be welcome in here :)*

archive contents :
- HFS beta 242 and HFS beta 242 FR
- STunnel
- OpenSSL 32 bits
- confmakr.exe : the GUI
- confmakr.ini : contains language options for confmakr
- confiles folder : contains ini et language files
- DLL C++ 2008

Portable Application
I use this word but I can't assure you that it won't write anything in registry or elsewhere (if someone up to test...)
Portablility is here fonctionnal, that mean you can execute from USB stick, or anywhere on your fixed hard drive, it'll work.
*This should be better, as I included the necessary dlls files*

How to use :

* unzip archive

* launch confmakr.exe,
* Fill certificate fields (only Common Name really require, red field),
* fill your public IP (also called external IP),
* If you're behind a router, fill the right listening port for Stunnel,
* Everything else is facultative, as it's already configured as ~GeeS~and SilentPliz recommand it (& also Stunnel and OpenSSL documentations).
* Click "make files" button, check what's showed in the "progression" tab,
* eventually, look at the files created, and/or delete what's proposed,
* click the shortcut creator button, if you want
* Click on "launch and quit".
Rappels :

* If you're behind a router, you'll have to redirect a port to the computer that is running sHFS, and define it as the Stunnel listening port.
* If you're behind a firewall, you must allow STunnel, but not necessarily HFS.
* If you use HFS with HTTP on you're local network and sHFS for distant HTTPS, you'll also have to allow HFS on your local network.
What files are created by confmakr.exe (with the default confmakr's configuration)
confmakr.exe create : X:\your folder\sHFS\hfs.ini
confmakr.exe create : X:\your folder\sHFS\hfs.events
confmakr.exe create : X:\your folder\sHFS\stunnel\hfstunel.conf
confmakr.exe create : X:\your folder\sHFS\stunnel\pem.conf
openssl.exe create   : X:\your folder\sHFS\random.rnd
openssl.exe create   : X:\your folder\sHFS\stunnel\hfstunel.pem

stunnel.exe by running will create : X:\your folder\sHFS\stunnel.log
hfs should modify : X:\your folder\sHFS\hfs.ini and create all files that you order it to :)

Voilà :)
If you see a problem, or have a difficulty understand a translation i've made, please, tell me :)

AvvA:
So, as I like you to know what you're doing, here is the way to take Stunnel, OpenSSL and HFS from the originals site, and rebuild this pack from scratch.
*Folder structure must be like below if you use my GUI*
X:\your folder\confmakr.exe
X:\your folder\confiles\languages.lng files and confmakr.ini
X:\your folder\sHFS\hfs.exe
X:\your folder\sHFS\stunnel\stunnel.exe
X:\your folder\sHFS\stunnel\openssl.exe

- Create a folder called as you want,
- copy confmakr.exe and confmakr.ini and also \confiles folder, you can take this alone with the source archive. (or you can bypass this step and follow the great ~GeeS~'s tutorial ^^)
- Create a subfolder \sHFS, copy inside hfsXXXXX.exe (XXX is the Build number XX language "code", actually #242 FR or EN).
*If you plan on using another language than French or English, check the confmakr.ini file.*
- Create \stunnel subfolder, download Stunnel windows binaries in it, right click on stunnel-X.XX-installer.exe, unzip here.

--- Quote from: obsolete at v0.7]- Create a subfolder [b]\openssl[/b],
- Download and install [b]OpenSSL[/b], and perhaps also the redistribuables C++, at the same address, only if needed (if it is required, you'll get an error during OpenSSL installation, so to know if you need it, just try to install OpenSSL first without the redistribuables ;) ).
- [b]Copy[/b] the content of the [b]bin[/b] folder from [b]OpenSSL installation[/b] and [b]paste it to[/b] X:\your folder\sHFS\stunnel\OpenSSL, you should have the same folder structure as the one in the begining of this post now.
- Uninstall [b]OpenSSL[/b].[/quote]
[quote="from v0.7 ---- take openssl.exe from here(take the last version), a miror given on Stunnel website.
- copy it in stunnel folder, next to stunnel.exe.
you can still take C++ redist files from slrproweb if you need them (from the previous quote). (I have to test if OpenSSL compiled on Stunnel site requires them, for now I keep them).

--- End quote ---

About the redistribuables, it's not because you had to install it in order to install OpenSSL that it means that you need them to use OpenSSL. I suggest you just try it out :)
Uninstall them in all cases, and try to make a key and a certificate (either with my GUI or with the command line given by GeeS)

From there, execute confmakr.exe and follow the classic steps, summed up in the first post, without unzipping, implicitely ^^.

Now, here's the last changelog :

v0.25
- re-re-do the language system :
Create an ini file to store "language code = language filename" and the default language,
confmakr will check your current windows country code (hexadecimal), if found apply, if not, keep the default file (english by default, can be changed in the confmakr.ini file.)
- languages are stored in a folder called conflang, instructions on how to add a language include in infos.txt in this folder.
- re-do the way hfs.ini is processed : Keep all settings and change only the ones from confmakr that are checked, or filled for the fields.
- include HFS french (hfs242FR.exe) and original english version (hfs242EN.exe) in archive, GUI copy/rename appropriate one as hfs.exe, according to the language in use and ini file. The purpose is to have only 2 archives, one 32 bits other 64 bits.
-  removed shfs.exe and add a shortcut creator button that will make shortcut on the desktop to shfs.bat (it launches STunnel then HFS).
- all IPs are determined with windows WMI, local network adress is calculated with the subnet mask (AND)
- add 3 options relative to key et certificate in advanced tab
- add a kind of scheme in advanced tab, purpose is to make you understand the routes taken, it's in work state and don't include HFS local HTTP sharing.

If you want the whole changelog, download the sources files, it's in there :)

As he says, enjoy  ;D !

TCube:

AWESOME WORK !!!!

AvvA ... one of the few   8)

SilentPliz:
Chapeau bas ! 8)

AvvA:

And also I have forgotten, if you want a feature, need help to understand how to translate, or anything else, ask in there, i'll try to answer you with my best :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version