rejetto forum

How to hide delete account option

Offline lucky509

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Any body plz help me how to remove the delete account option for user accounts.

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
  • I'm only trying to help i mean no offense.
    • View Profile
    • My HFS Google Drive Shared Link
That's more of a question for a programmer as it is "hard wired" in the gui(some templates macro coding can fix this...), the question is what are you trying to do that you need to disable account deletion?
Files I have snagged and share can be found on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing

Offline lucky509

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Disable access to account deletion for user accounts or hiding account deletion

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
see the picture attached.
you mean this button?

there's no easy way to do it.

Offline lucky509

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
please find the snapshot.After logging into user logging page below getting this options.

No need to display this option in user accounts.only administrator account must have privileges to delete account.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
that is a template you installed in hfs, OR it not even hfs, because i never saw that kind of page.

if it's a template you can try editing the template to remove that link.

Offline lucky509

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
but i am ot installed any extra templates.Download regular file and useing it

Offline JGraceffo

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Rejetto, that looks like the web interface for fhfs, i've been working with it all day so it caught my eye!

Lucky, it looks like you have installed a kind of a modified version of hfs called fhfs, there is a sub forum here for support for fhfs which is where this should have probably been posted. 

I was bored at work so I took a look and found where that 'delete my account' code is located in the html document.  Go to where the files for fhfs are installed, find "footer-new", open it with notepad and find the line that says "<a href="/~delete-confirm" class="footlink" style="margin:4px; ">Delete my Account</a>

Delete that line and save, and that should remove the delete my account option from the footer.  There will still be one of those seperating vertical lines, there so it won't look as pretty, but if you want, you can play around with the code to see how to remove it.

*Disclaimer* I don't work with rejetto or raybob, and have very limited experience with html, so make sure to make backups, and change the code at your own risk! Also, there very well may be some administrator option somewhere to do this easily without modifying html code...

Offline raybob

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • FileSplat.com
That doesn't remove the actual functionality itself, anyone who knows the function exists can just type the page directly in the URL.  Also I'm pretty sure there's an option in the administrator console to easily disable account deletion but I must ask: why would you want to do that?  I think that users who create their accounts should be able to delete them.

Offline JGraceffo

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
That doesn't remove the actual functionality itself, anyone who knows the function exists can just type the page directly in the URL.

True Enough, I suppose you could theoretically delete the delete-confirm.tpl file to make sure they couldn't access it after doing the changes I suggested?

Also I'm pretty sure there's an option in the administrator console to easily disable account deletion but I must ask: why would you want to do that?  I think that users who create their accounts should be able to delete them.

I thought I checked all the options in the admin console and didn't see the option. I saw the option to disable deleting of files, but not the account itself. 

I'm not sure about lucky, but I wanted to disable account deletion because I had set up accounts specifically for employees, and I didn't want those employees to be able to delete their accounts (say if they were let go, or even just by accident, the things people do accidentally never cease to amaze me).

Offline raybob

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • FileSplat.com
I think if you delete delete-confirm.tpl and ajax.accountdeletion.tpl, and take out the links in main page html.tpl and footer-new.tpl you should be fine  :)