Software > Bug reports

HFS not able to start.

(1/5) > >>

Zoremeth:
I really love using HFS when sharing files with friends. However, the latest build, #300 just does not want to seem to start.

When opening it gives the following error:

--- Code: ---Application Error:
Exception EKdlError in module hfs.exe at 000A4DB0.
K.D.L initialization error.
Please put uFreeLocalizer before UTF8VCL in an uses clause of Application.

--- End code ---

For the record, I am using Windows 10 Home. There are HFS files except the exe itself in the folder. Also, I tried the hfs24b4 version which also did not work.
Screenshot here: http://prntscr.com/l503sm

LeoNeeson:
Hi! and welcome to the forum... :)

That's a weird error, since HFS it's not using "UTF8VCL" (although it seems to be related to "Kryvich's Delphi Localizer", but you are the first person to report a problem). Are you using some translated version of HFS? (like this version).

Please do this: try running HFS v2.3k Build #299 Spanish Beta and see if it gives you the same error or if it starts normally, but run it on a separate (different) folder (this is very important), without copying any personal file there (if you have another HFS version running, please close it before running this other version). Just unzip it to some folder, and run hfs.exe without adding or deleting any other file (and do not update it to the last version, just for doing this test). If the error continues, try closing any other software you have open (like for example: keynote-nf or any other software). Then please report the results here. ;)

Cheers,
Leo.-

Zoremeth:

--- Quote from: LeoNeeson on October 12, 2018, 02:32:45 AM ---Hi! and welcome to the forum... :)

That's a weird error, since HFS it's not using "UTF8VCL" (although it seems to be related to "Kryvich's Delphi Localizer", but you are the first person to report a problem). Are you using some translated version of HFS? (like this version).

Please do this: try running HFS v2.3k Build #299 Spanish Beta and see if it gives you the same error or if it starts normally, but run it on a separate (different) folder (this is very important), without copying any personal file there (if you have another HFS version running, please close it before running this other version). Just unzip it to some folder, and run hfs.exe without adding or deleting any other file (and do not update it to the last version, just for doing this test). If the error continues, try closing any other software you have open (like for example: keynote-nf or any other software). Then please report the results here. ;)

Cheers,
Leo.-

--- End quote ---

Hi Leo,

I went and followed your steps. I downloaded the version you linked, put it in a separate empty folder and ran it. It still gives me the same error. After getting the error again, I closed off some programs and tried again. Still the same error.

Just for testing sake, I looked around on the internet for an older build. To which I stumbled upon a download of 2.3j (#298). And funny enough, it totally works. No problems at all. Does not even matter what it is in.

Thanks for the warm welcome and let me know if you figure something out,
Zoremeth.

bmartino1:
I've been trying to isolate your error. As Leo said, your the first to submit something  on this type of error. Out courisity, are you using a remote desktop to the machine?

As your error is pulling some for remote screen mirrored. And potentially netframework errors. (Hfs doesn't rely on net framework installation, but it's worth a check)...

I'm glad you at least found a working build for the moment.

From what I can tell/process from the error message given by windows is:

Windows is complaining about a missing dll file, or a older dll file on which when ran a memory handle exception occurred.

Also what windows 10 build are you running?
Cmd > winver

Zoremeth:

--- Quote from: bmartino1 on October 12, 2018, 01:41:23 PM ---I've been trying to isolate your error. As Leo said, your the first to submit something  on this type of error. Out courisity, are you using a remote desktop to the machine?

As your error is pulling some for remote screen mirrored. And potentially netframework errors. (Hfs doesn't rely on net framework installation, but it's worth a check)...

I'm glad you at least found a working build for the moment.

--- End quote ---

I am not using any related to remote desktop. As a matter of fact, Windows 10 Home does not even have support for RDP. I'll have an opportunity to try with another machine today, so I'll let you guys know.

Greetings,

Zoremeth.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version