rejetto · 46 · 31233

Offline luca69

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
GOOD BUG

go to options + accounts + add account

don't change the name , you can't validate except by using ESC key

Have a nice night rejetto :D  build 221 ;D

It looks like it tries to force you to change the user name: bug or feature?   ;)
Life is what happens to you while you are busy making other plans

Offline luca69

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
My two euro cents:

what's new
- security fix: groups were allowed to login http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=6550.msg1039964#msg1039964
Checked: now it is working fine

- setting same name for 2 accounts was not prevented http://www.rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=6550.msg1039964#msg1039964
Checked: now it is working fine

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Have a nice night rejetto :D  build 221 ;D

;D thank you for reporting. fixed in next build.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I like the new properties menu (its new to me), but how come 'Flag as new' is in the context but not in the Flags tab in the properties window?

because despite the name, it is not a flag you can set and remove, it just change the "addition" timestamp of the file, so it will  be then "flagged" inside the template. there's no undo.

And I assume the 'Set user/pass' is just there for quick access as well?

that's just laziness :D
when i'll move it to the properties i'll have to re-do the dialog as a tab.

Also I have to notify you of these, first of all the option 'Switch to virtual-folder' I think it would be better worded as 'Change to virtual-folder and Change to real-folder'

ok

And for some reason when I'm in a hurry I confuse 'Edit resource...' with 'Properties...' I haven't decided on a solution for this...  maybe a re-wording or.. have Properties... in bold with the added separation of another divider if needed. 

ok for the divider.
bold has a standard meaning in windows, it's the default action, so i'd better not use it for properties.

Also 'Properties...' is generally at the bottom of the context in most interface situations, I would look for it down there before at the top (right-click a folder in windows etc).

right, but i'm unsure about this change

Aaand when you receive the pop-up for a real folder being converted to a virtual folder, the English is not that clear... I cannot get the pop-up to appear again to re-read it :P something about 'putted too many files'..

You are putting many files. Try using real folders instead of virtual folders. Read documentation or ask on the forum for help.

the reason of the "putting" is that it's inherited from the "add folder" action.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
my antivirus program show too that the HFS.EXE is a troian
www.virustotal.zom/analisis/082f2a8ad9f45eebe7669481d61c6daf

i don't see the word "trojan" anywhere. Don't stop at the "red color", and read what's written. ;)

Offline Mars

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
It looks like it tries to force you to change the user name: bug or feature?

I work in parallel of rejetto with my personal compilations of hfs since the build 143 :) , its evolutions always followed the same thread of reflection, and any new evolution on behalf of rejetto was always preceded by a poll with the persons who use hfs. Not having noticed again topic on this subject, it was easy to deduct that from it it was about a bug, not very nasty moreover where from its naming GOOD BUG. ;)

Quote from: mars on 24 January 2009, 01:19:00
Have a nice night rejetto   build 221

thank you for reporting. fixed in next build.

The boss gave his verdict onto the question :D :D

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Build new up from ~218 freez every ~3hours.
Just application freez and make 50% of CPU usage.

please, could you download build #217 and see if the problem perists?
it would be a very useful information.
50% is because you have a dual core CPU, it's as the 100%.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
It looks like it tries to force you to change the user name: bug or feature?
I work in parallel of rejetto with my personal compilations of hfs since the build 143 :) ,

4 eyes are better than 2, over bugs. thank your mars.

anyway i think luca was half-joking ;)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Perhaps, *sigh*
Only tried using it for a while now, one of the simplest way to make HFS a system service. Will check further :)

welcome nukie :)

yes, please try using hfs not as a service, just to see if that's the problem.

sadly this build didn't include debug information for the reports, and it was not useful.
It's because i have no ADSL these days, i'm on GPRS. :( So if you'll get same error on next build, report it again because it may eventually be more useful.

FGump

Hi.  I upgraded from build 219 to 220 and now when I bring up HFS in my browser the latest RAWR template I'm using is all messed up.  I had to drop back down to 219 (or just use the default template).  However, my main issue was that while using HFS 219, I started downloading several files at the same time by right clicking and selecting "Save link as...".  Two of the files saved completely, but were corrupt when I tried to open them.  The third file stopped in the middle of downloading and would not resume.  The server (which I'm away from) is now dead.  I can't even get it to display the HFS home page and will need to reset it when I get back to where it's located.

1). Can HFS handle downloading multiple files at one time?
2). Could the cause be using the RAWR template rather than the default one?
3). Is there a proper way to download via HFS rather than "Save link as..."?

Thank you,

FGump

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Blah... Blah...
I can answer this easily..... the problem has to do with that series of AMD CPU. the same errors manifested "at least once" for me on my old CPU which is a 1700+... I have since installed an AMD X2 64 (Phenom) and there have been no more errors of that type.... at least not for me.

[btw... HI TSG!!!! nice to see you are still among us  ;D]

I have no problems with my AMD Athlon 3500+ (Venice) 2200 MHz... That's what my HFS runs on anyway..

Yes I am back, until I get a job :D. Finished University, finished moving (until 4 weeks time), just looking for work while updating things. RAWR-Player is alot better now, fullscreen functionality on double click, icon and context, support for every known media available to the netstream component of as2... aspect ratio's are now preserved, the templates will default to a Widescreen (16:9) with PillarBox for compatible video files. To keep the aspect, the video files must have the appropriate Metadata embedded... stolen YouTube videos do not carry this in the Metadata but can be quickly converted to contain it using Super (c). I havent found any other filetypes that do not carry the correct Metadata other than stolen YouTube FLV files.

I am currently working on showing buffer information or notification, I can get something working that shows it, however there is a bug and I cant use the recommended way for some reason.

I 'might' add an internal playlist option for people that want to have a playlist of songs or videos on their website. But it is not essential for what we use the player for currently, so I may use this almost completed build, possible '1.0.0' in the templates. It might also wait until I build RAWR-Player-2 which will be written in ActionScript3.

But anyway, back on topic, I am not sure, but I am getting strange speeds from hfs when streaming videos testing the RAWR-Player. They are not fully downloading like they used to, instead they are capped at about 1000-2000KB\s (this is viewing a HD MP4 with the player lol, an extreme case) I am not sure if its Flash Player only downloading what it needs, or the Browser (its a daily trunk of Firefox), or a bug.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2009, 05:03:50 PM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline luca69

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
When you login and you are asked for your password, if you click cancel, a page opens saying that you are not authorized… is there a way to skip this page and to come back to the previous page?

It's not that critical, just "nice to have"  ;D

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
When you login and you are asked for your password, if you click cancel, a page opens saying that you are not authorized… is there a way to skip this page and to come back to the previous page?

It's not that critical, just "nice to have"  ;D

I have noticed this, my router also does this. I'm not sure if its possible, if you put a redirect on that part of the template, every time someone clicks an item they are unauthorised for they will be redirected to the homepage, how annoying :P