rejetto forum

preview rc7

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
for those of you who would like to see the new exciting version, i uploaded  it here

http://151.100.50.249/other/hfs.exe

i should implement directory filter, then publish it officially
ETA: in a couple of days

Offline Rafi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
after updating from RC5:
- you cannot manually edit the address toolbar (e.e. change the IP) .The refresh should be done differently (or be made optional?)
- check for updates - shows rc1
- when doing "brawse it " it askes for password (non were defined)
- I agree with others - the "strange URL" in the address bar - might be a bit  too strange ...
- when doing "save as" on non ascii file names (e.e. Hebrew) - the file name in the save as dialog is empty (shows only the ASCII/english chars - such as the ".xxx")

(Upgrade problems ? )

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Rafi"
after updating from RC5:
- you cannot manually edit the address toolbar (e.e. change the IP) .The refresh should be done differently (or be made optional?)
i did not notice it!

- check for updates - shows rc1
i forgot to update the upgrade info
they are downloaded from this url: http://www.rejetto.com/hfs/hfs.updateinfo.txt

- when doing "brawse it " it askes for password (non were defined)
ARGH!

- I agree with others - the "strange URL" in the address bar - might be a bit  too strange ...
it is needed for your hewbrew chars
those are non ASCII and the URL standard does not let you use it.

i will explain why:
if i send the name as ANSI, the old way, with extended chars, those chars depends on the machine you are running.
THEREFORE: you send the hebrew character using an extended code, that has meaning depending on the "characters page" you are using.
SOME browsers, as Mozilla, clicking on an URL with ext.chars, do not perform any convertion.
SOME other, like IExplorer and Opera, do convert in UTF-8 format, that is not depending on the user-page. Then you send an hewbrew character in the URL, but the browser could ask for an URL with swedish characters, in UTF-8.
HFS will say that file does not exist.

Well, I can put on an option regarding the convertion, that will be ON by default.
So, if you use to swap files with friends with your same ansi-page, you should get no problems and you will get nicer URLs.
If you do not, you may run in troubles.

- when doing "save as" on non ascii file names (e.e. Hebrew) - the file name in the save as dialog is empty (shows only the ASCII/english chars - such as the ".xxx")

Yes, i noticed that...
it is sad, because it is an IE bug.
If you do it with Getright, it will work fine.
If you don't believe it is a bug of the browser, you can simply test it with Apache.
Just put some files in Apache and let it list them....browse it....you will save files with wrong filename.
It is a pain in the ass.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
to be short

the standard says: non-ascii characters must be encoded (%)
good reason: they may create problems between users with different codepages

IExplorer behaviour:
if chars are not encoded, saved file name is correct (between users with same codepage)
if chars are encoded, those are replaced with blank spaces in saved file name

WTH to do?

Offline Rafi

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "rejetto"
after updating from RC5:
i did not notice it!

What do you mean ? did you see that ? try change the IP - and the HFS will change it back at once ! (BTW - looks to me your 10 sec==1 sec...)
- when doing "browse it " it askes for password (non were defined)
ARGH!

??? what is ARGH ???

Well, the option you suggested for it - is a good idea!

P.S.:

1. <CR> is missing in  file "comment" in the tooltip
2. remember the tooltip on the toolbar icon? the separators between fields
are "junk" hebrew chars. (win98SE hebrew enabled). Can you try use different separators? maybe simple spaces ?
3. May be -  add release-info/changes on "what's new" in a scrolling "check for news" dialog
4. Status bar->"sent:" is x'xxx'xxx instead of x.xxx.xxx   :-)
5. The new URL Encode setup - should effect only the display in the address toolbar, not the "href" data in the web page (should be always encoded, since it does not work w/o it ...)

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
What do you mean ? did you see that ?
it means that i did not notice it before, and that's why the bug was there

looks to me your 10 sec==1 sec
fixed

what is ARGH ???
it is an exclamation

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
1. <CR> is missing in  file "comment" in the tooltip
2. remember the tooltip on the toolbar icon? the separators between fields
are "junk" hebrew chars. (win98SE hebrew enabled). Can you try use different separators? maybe simple spaces ?
3. May be -  add release-info/changes on "what's new" in a scrolling "check for news" dialog
4. Status bar->"sent:" is x'xxx'xxx instead of x.xxx.xxx   :-)
5. The new URL Encode setup - should effect only the display in the address toolbar, not the "href" data in the web page (should be always encoded, since it does not work w/o it ...)

1. fixed
2. what are you talking about?
3. to be done
4. dots are used in america by english speakers as decimal separators, aren't they?
5. ok, done

Offline Tim

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
    • http://www.tpsoft.be
Rafi wrote:
4. Status bar->"sent:" is x'xxx'xxx instead of x.xxx.xxx

Rejetto wrote:
4. dots are used in america by english speakers as decimal separators, aren't they?

Dots are indeed used as decimal seperators, but to seperate number of three digits you need to use "," (comma) instead of "'" (inverted comma).