rejetto forum

Thank you for enabling IPv6 support

saud · 3 · 4225

Offline saud

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Its nice to have IPv6 support. Just one more question, is it possible to specify my own server for providing external IP? HFS is connecting to checkip.dyndns.org to get the IP and I want my own server which returns IPv6. Is it possible to replace dynsns.org with mydomain.com/getip.php

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
  • I'm only trying to help i mean no offense.
    • View Profile
    • My HFS Google Drive Shared Link
not very effective, but you can tel hfs to use a custom ip address. custom dns name.

(witch will only work if you have a pre existing/working dns netwking forwarded to the pc. )

in the menu under with ip hfs uses to connect click custom and fill out that info there.

This is not a guarantee working solution..

---------
before ipv6

using ipv4

and a ddwrt router with afraid free dns name forward to router, i was able to but my dns name to hfs and generate ipv4 traffic.

ipv6 has other security that may interfere with custom, but it worked with ipv4...
Files I have snagged and share can be found on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
As far I know, you will need to find a Dynamic DNS (DDNS) provider that allows to use your own domain. The best options are Dynu.com and Afraid.org (along with other services). There is also Duck DNS, but it doesn't support IPv6 addresses. Then, you need to configure HFS to use it. Keep in touch if you need more instructions.
HFS in Spanish (HFS en Español) / How to compile HFS (Tutorial)
» Currently taking a break, until HFS v2.4 get his stable version.