Offline SiY11

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Well here it is

http://siyscomp.cjb.net/

Please remember im a major NOOB lol

Tell me what you think

Anonymous

Good Start.  Just a suggestion.... If it were me, I would put those mp3's in folders by artist.

Anonymous

Increase your connections per IP.  Most of the time your images/icons don't show up.

Offline SiY11

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "Anonymous"
Good Start.  Just a suggestion.... If it were me, I would put those mp3's in folders by artist.

Yah I have ben thinking about that I have ben really lazy to do it but i will soon

Offline SiY11

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Increase your connections per IP.  Most of the time your images/icons don't show up.

I had it set to only one connection per ip so one person can not dominate the server

Offline SiY11

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
I set it to 4 connections per ip to see how it goes

Anonymous

You have to realize that every icon/image etc. takes 1 connection.  Eventually those images etc. will be cached in the users computer.  If there are no more connections available for the user, the items that depend on them won't show up on the user's end.  What you see and what the user sees can be two different things.  Set it to at least 10 per IP to start.   Those connections will close once the connection to an image etc. has finished.

Offline SiY11

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Ok I will do that I had no idea. I guess my Noobcolors show hehe. :roll:

Anonymous

Also, when it comes to the number of connections per IP, don't worry about a user taking over your server.  Those connections will close once they are finished connecting.  The purpose is to have enough connections available to the user so they can view your pages the way you want them to view them.

There have been times when I had many users on at the same time and the total connections to my server were way over a 100.  The unused connections will close but will be available again for the user in case they are needed needed again.

Anonymous

Much better.  If you were watching while I was on you saw how the connections open and close.  BTW I uploaded a few mp3's.  There are a couple you could delete (one a duplicate and the other was cancelled before it finished).

Offline SiY11

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Yah I saw that I deleted the smallest duplicate file the second I noticed it.

Offline ~GeeS~

• Tireless poster
  • "The web was made for sharing..."
    • View Profile
Nice site  ...
Surfin with the alien ... unfortunately incomplete dl. Nice collection!!!
Did you throttle dl to 30kB/s?
~GeeS~

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
Quote from: "SiY11"

I had it set to only one connection per ip so one person can not dominate the server
to limit downloads instead of connections may be a good idea

folks YOU CAN'T use this forum for discussing your sharing
don't want legal nuisance