rejetto forum

FR: can we get new sections on template?

ledufe · 12 · 5950

Offline ledufe

• Tireless poster
  • LEandro DUpont FErreira
    • View Profile
    • http://ledufe.no-ip.info:2222
i readed the to-do list, and didn´t found this, so, im gona ask if this is possible, im trying to develop a new template(until i finished the leaning process and the programing DVD-ROM KIT(god, i love peer2peer share! ;D ) to keep my projects, and found some interesting thing, im trying to make a windows explore style template that let us change the view of the hfs on the fly just using some html and css, and a little bit o emac to make the change happens, but i found a issue, so i ask ,
can o load with some kind of adress only the Folder list or only the file list? like this, im trying to make this the user click on a folder on the left side of screen(may be a iframe or a div or even a external layer) and the content of the folder is showed on the main frame on the main part(80%) of the screen but i want to show only the file list and no the folders,
i know that i can call the file list in  a html view doin this on my template
%files%
and i know also that inside the files there is a symbols call "%list%" that calls the these section one by one if exist and void if not, right?
so and if even if it exist i want to call only the html representation of the files or only the folders, but doing this programatically using a adress, like this strange idea:

can i call only this especific section of the hfs as symbol like %list-files% for html representation of the files and not showing the folders and another section called by a symbol like %list-folders% and you could add even a %list-links% to show only the links, what do you think rejetto? is is possible to do? we could develop more kind of templates with some file browser-like style and without using any or the minimum possible of javascript ....

it is only a idea...

this is a strange sample of this crazy idea
« Last Edit: October 20, 2006, 02:37:02 AM by ledufe »
<<LeDuFe>>

Offline ledufe

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
some exemples of this try to change the default list view type
and this time with no frames

sample of the folders only

sample of the files only

and here a image edit to make it looks like more the final results that i want

<<LeDuFe>>

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline ledufe

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
some other section that would be cool, and in fact i don´t know if, to make this work it has to be in a new section, but i think that would be nice if we could make some command or section to show ONLY the files, folders, and links that are flagged as NEW?

what do you guys(and rejetto) think about it?

this way we could make a feed with only the update and a more light browsing experience, since the load on hte hfs server would be more small(the hfs would generate the page(html for browse) listing only the new additions.

im getting another brain storm guys....hehhehe i love hfs, it has "N" number of possible ways to use, and every time we think that is only this that this rare piece of software can do, somebody else(like the users of this forum) discover another way to do some new implementation
wap, wml, fotolog, blog, fileshare, webhost, radio streaming, video streaming, news feed, ....

::) :o ;D ???
<<LeDuFe>>

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
if we had a way to "select" a template, we could achieve the first thing you asked for.
it would be just a template with [folder] section empty, for showing only files.
hmm...

Offline ledufe

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
if we had a way to "select" a template, we could achieve the first thing you asked for.
it would be just a template with [folder] section empty, for showing only files.
hmm...
sorry rejetto, im confused with your answer, what did i understand that it cant be done(at least yet) right?
 ???
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 01:01:18 AM by ledufe »
<<LeDuFe>>

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
there is another feature request that would make this possible, because it is more powerful

Offline ledufe

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile

markee

Hi

just browsing through the forum

the template that ledufe is describing sounds exactly like what i'm after, i use kuleserver, but would prefer horizontal listing not vertical

has this template been published??

Excellent software rejetto - very useful, i no longer use ftp

the forum is excellent too, good to see useful free software with good support

Mark - Liverpool - UK

Offline TSG

• Operator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
I have been looking into how to display the users IP, i noted that HFS logs this anyway, is it possible to have a %ip% tag that will show the persons ip somewhere on the template.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
I have been looking into how to display the users IP, i noted that HFS logs this anyway, is it possible to have a %ip% tag that will show the persons ip somewhere on the template.

ok, next build