rejetto forum

rename: user -> account

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
since there is often ambiguity when talking about users, meaning the browsing person and the account, i will rename all account things from "User" to "Account".

initially i opted for User because it was less technical, and it is, but it is ambiguous.

any complaint in this topic, please  :roll:

Anonymous

Maybey it should be kept as Users rejetto because each user has an account. If there is no user there is no account. So when you change options that have to do with Accounts you are actually changing a users information. I hope you know what I mean.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i did not understand the reason. :?
i will try to re-read your post tomorrow.

Offline maverick

• Tireless poster
  • Computer Solutions
    • View Profile
If some people have problems understanding the name change, why not change the name to 'user accounts' then eveybody will be happy and everybody will know what that option is all about.
maverick

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile
i re-read the post by guest. it tells many true things, but i don't understand why those things should mean it is better to keep "users" as label instead of "accounts".

ANTS

Quote from: "rejetto"
i re-read the post by guest. it tells many true things, but i don't understand why those things should mean it is better to keep "users" as label instead of "accounts".

Yes I agree with the Guest comment and I also agree with maverick. 'User Accounts' sounds like a good idea. It's up to you rejetto.