rejetto forum

VFS settings to another PC ?

Offline surikat

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
How can I move virtual file system settings to another PC and other hard drives? Interested option for all folders - "Not Browsable"?

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
  • I'm only trying to help i mean no offense.
    • View Profile
    • My HFS Google Drive Shared Link
Even if you copy the vfs and floder/hfs file, the vfs is setup to point to the path and direct assigned to it.

----------
Example 1 PC username bmm has a folder shared under user profile.

Moves hfs with that folder to another PC who is logged in as user Brandon. (*We already have a path broken)
_-----------

You will have to right click each item in the vfs and re find that item.

The save to registry is about the same as the vfs and hfs in file, by moving it, you break folder and file path. What you save is the website structure and different template tabs of folder and it's items.

I recommend moving the items and recreate your tree from scratch (therefore no loss of files are made)
Files I have snagged and share can be found on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing

Offline surikat

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile

I have a lot of folders and subfolders .. Therefore, it is very difficult to recreate everything again.
It is required that all folders are browsable. Can the option appear to create all folders immediately browsable in new versions of the program?  :) 
Thanks advance!

Offline LeoNeeson

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • twitter.com/LeoNeeson
Let me see if i understand you correctly: you want to copy your ".vfs" file from one PC to another, and when you launch HFS on a new PC, you want that HFS recreate the whole folder structure? To some point this could be feasible to add, but it only could recreate 'empty' folders without content... is that what your are looking for?... ???

If you have a lot of empty folders, it's much easier to make a ZIP of RAR file and unZIP/unRAR the folders on the new PC (just before you start HFS on the new PC). Like bmartino1 said, before you move anything, you need to save all the HFS settings in .ini file (to do this, in Expert mode, go to Menu > Save options > to file). If the whole HFS folder is small in size, it even more easier to compress everything as ZIP/RAR and uncompress everything on the new PC.

Interested option for all folders - "Not Browsable"?
I didn't understand that part... :-\
« Last Edit: August 07, 2018, 02:22:34 PM by LeoNeeson »
HFS in Spanish (HFS en Español) / How to compile HFS (Tutorial)
» Currently taking a break, until HFS v2.4 get his stable version.

Offline bmartino1

• Tireless poster
  • I'm only trying to help i mean no offense.
    • View Profile
    • My HFS Google Drive Shared Link
http://rejetto.com/forum/index.php?topic=4393.0

when moving the vfs and folder/file directoirs do appear, you have to fix there file locaiotn.

FORM THE FAQ!

Quote:

What does the "hand" icon represent in the file system tree? 
If you see an icon that looks like a hand, it means that HFS could not find/access the original source file. HFS hides the file from the web interface until it can successfully access this file.
Files I have snagged and share can be found on my google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1qb4INX2pzsjmMT06YEIQk9Nv5jMu33tC?usp=sharing

Offline surikat

• Occasional poster
    • View Profile
Even if you copy the vfs and floder/hfs file, the vfs is setup to point to the path and direct assigned to it.

----------
Example 1 PC username bmm has a folder shared under user profile.

Moves hfs with that folder to another PC who is logged in as user Brandon. (*We already have a path broken)
_-----------

You will have to right click each item in the vfs and re find that item.

The save to registry is about the same as the vfs and hfs in file, by moving it, you break folder and file path. What you save is the website structure and different template tabs of folder and it's items.

I recommend moving the items and recreate your tree from scratch (therefore no loss of files are made)

I made it easier. Translated folders from virtual to real folders. Now just to make a shared folder  Not Browsable.
And the problem is solved!
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 03:30:40 PM by surikat »