rejetto forum

Orange/Blue Template

TSG · 18 · 15778

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
My Orange and Blue with Thumbnails template is available to all HFS fans!

Features on this template.
  • mp3 streamer.
  • Login system for the security conscious.
  • Button to return to top.
  • Cross Browser Compatible.
  • w3c compliant (well as far as hfs templates will go, some errors are necessary for the template)
  • Additional upload input code.
  • Browsable folder tree.

Below is the README which can also be found inside the .zip archive:

Author: That_Stevens_Guy

This template is a modified version of the black template. All respects go to the creator
of that template, also thanks to all my mates on the forum :)

OK just import into HFS and replace **** SOMETHING **** with the directory or information you require, i have included all images used to make my one look pretty, but im sure u can handle adding it.

My version of the template is white/orange and navy blue, and has thumbnails in the place
of any .jpg .gif or .bmp link, as long as a thumbnail of the same file name is in the dir specified
in the code, which is found on the top level of HFS (/thumb) you should have no problems
implementing this template. This is also the level on HFS to put your Back.jpg and Firefox.jpg images. Do this with the mp3player aswell.

The template also incorporates a little form to search google from the hfs. Handy for me cause i have HFS as my homepage.

Have Fun!!!

To have a go at implementing the template you can download it via this link.
Orange&BlueTPL.zip

Here is a preview of the template: (link reveals full resolution preview)
http://www.rejetto.com/hfsfiles/That_Stevens_Guy/ob_with_thumbs/previewOB.jpg

The .zip file and the templates were actually kinda rushed together so tell me if there is any problems.

This .zip file is always updated as i improve the tpl.

This is Most likely the final version of this template!
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 12:40:31 PM by TSG »

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Update on latest addition for this template.

I have managed to implement a login splash screen that comes up before a user accesses the server, i believe some people may want this. I will add it to the .zip file when its completed, it will be separate to the other .tpl files, just in case people would prefer the version without this feature.

:D

Login page version complete and added to the .zip file.

This page can be modified into a front website if you have the knowledge to do it.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2006, 11:14:22 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Verry nice That_Stevens_Guy, this is my favorite to play aroud with. So whats next.. mp3 streamer?  ;)
Is there a way to add some comments in the html code like ***put image dir here***, the layout seems to change when i <!-- comment -->

GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Thanks Fysack, an mp3 streamer is the next thing planned  ;), i am unsure how to do it, but i am learning, i am also unsure what u mean about the inserting comments thing, <!-- this is a comment --> should work if its out of a markup tag like:

<!-- this is a comment -->
<div id="bleh">
<a href="http://www.google.com"><div id=link>Google it!</div></a>
</div>

but inside one of the markup tags i dont think comments work.... the idea for the *** put image dir here  *** was so the user would replace the image links with there own to build the template again for their own use. I host all main template images for my template externally to make the pages load as fast as a users download speed, i only upload at 17kb\s. This crappy upload speed also means that i want my mp3 streamer to send a low quality 30sec preview to users, all my music is 192kbps > not good for streaming at all...
« Last Edit: November 10, 2006, 11:31:21 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Flash music (mp3) streamer implemented, thanks to the good work of ledufe in the mp3 streaming forum :D, if anyone can find a smaller mp3 player that doesn't look for a playlist at all please post, on this template i have have made it only appear for .mp3 files and each file has its own player. it is best for faster connections, for those of you that do not want the player on the template, just delete the following code from the template:

ALL templates with thumbnail javascript have been upgraded to use [file.jpg]
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 03:55:36 PM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
The versions with the login system are now w3c valid HTML 4.0 Transitional, and CSS valid.

Only known w3c complaints that still stand are some of stuff to make the server run properly like the refreshing meta tag, and the embedding code for the mp3 streamer seems to have problems that i cannot get rid of.

CSS is valid ignoring 6 or 7 pesky background-color on link errors, fixing these just destroys the template.

Making the template valid has bulked it up by 2kb, but thats not too bad :D

UPDATE: I've been working on a new concept of this template using my orange and blue formats. See below to download the template.

Note: SOME things may not have a css style yet, but from my testing it was working fine. Its not completed yet, but as its a new template, i am open to suggestions :).

All work on this template has been stopped, due to the new Thunderchicken_of_Glory template. But i am willing to help anyone with problems with this template.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 15, 2006, 01:57:04 PM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
Thanks That_Stevens_Guy, its answer my question. <!-- the comment> works in HTML, and the HFS HTML template is a little more tricky than pure HTML template. Im working on it, and hopefully ill get the big picture one day. The question poppup when try to edit my first template and trying to identify all the color codes.

After thinking about what you are saying about speed and quality, i found out that right click the link and open in local player might be a better solution for me. I would like the mp3 streamer for smaller files verry mutch even if so. It would be a cool option anyway for some files.

And i think any comment like, '**put image dir here** or **u can put something here if you want** really helps identify what is what in the template when looking at it for the first time. I also had a quick look at your new template, it looks really good..

GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
If i get something working in this new one that i think would work well with this template, i will add it in for sure, this template is an old favourite that i am a little bit attached to now lol, i am always comparing my new one to it.

Offline Fysack

• Tireless poster
  • present picture
    • View Profile
    • Admin
this topic is moved..  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]
GOD CAN READ YOUR MIND

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Just thought i had better bring this template to peoples attention, i have repaired this template to work with all browsers, and it now also contains almost all the good features that we built into the Thunderchicken of Glory Template.

Enjoy!  ;D

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
This template is still on my hard drive, its not of the quality of the ToG, but the code is clean and the template has been updated with the latest features. Some may like my funky spacey theme i had going back then, who knows. Download it in the main post.

This template may never be updated again. unless someone finds a bug lol.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2007, 11:37:46 AM by That_Stevens_Guy »

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
Ok, i was bored this afternoon, so i decided that i would update this template with the latest javascript and bug fixes from the Thunderchicken of Glory.

I noticed a few people still use it, so i thought it was only fair that i fix the known bugs.

Fixes:
Thumbnail code has been upgraded to the ToG version.

New Additions:
Browsable folder tree.
Mp3player will now work with quoted mp3's. (javascript filename encoding)
The users can add on upload inputs just like in the ToG.

Download it from the top post, OH and btw, sorry for the previous huge .zip file, it had one of those stupid thumb.db files that windows generates, the Orange/Blue is only 50kb .zip now.

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
I will update this template with the latest macro features eventually, but for now this template is discontinued, you may report bugs here, but do not expect me to help with them. RAWR-Template is the future of templates, i am focusing all my attention there. ToG will be updated with the latest macros soon.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2008, 07:12:13 PM by That_Stevens_Guy »