rejetto forum

May 2009... an update...

TSG · 9 · 4769

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
So it's now late May 2009. I personally have been using HFS for just over 3 years now. It has gone quick. We have come a long way and so has HFS.

Our new website is functional to the front end user. I am having a break from working on it while Richard dabbles with the back end in his spare time.

In my spare time I am looking for work, playing video games, and watching a lot of TV. But that's not to say I haven't done anything for HFS. RAWR-Player-1.0.0 is already in the ToG and working nicely. The ToG is pretty much ready for its release and so is RAWR-Player. I just need to work out the new icon for previews (some people struggle with the 2 squares) and go through and check it is all fine.

None of these releases will be major, but there are minor enhancements in there which make it worth the release. Once these builds are out we might begin work on the Admin Panel we spoke about earlier this year.

RAWR-Template and Terayon will be getting a couple more features than ToG. I have been thinking that the DivX Web Player might be brought back for avi and mkv files. It is a feature often mentioned here, it was removed due to bugs between the player and HFS, also Stage6 was taken down, and development on the project halted for a time. But I noticed it is now packaged with the DivX Player. So I will implement it as is, I cannot help if the player does not function 100% of the time.

I will also, eventually... create a basic version of RAWR-Player using Silverlight, it would play mpg, wmv and wma. It is not a priority however. We could spend forever implementing streaming formats that would rarely be used, bloating the templates.

You may also expect a new theme for RAWR-Template which looks similar to our new homepage.

Offline rejetto

• Administrator
  • Tireless poster
    • View Profile

Offline Caco

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
some people struggle with the 2 squares

I'm among them, i replaced it as soon as i saw it  :D

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
What with? I'm interested. It must be an icon that is representative of a preview...

Offline Caco

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
With the attached one. I think is similar to Mac OS X default preview icon.

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
A magnifier aye... for some reason magnifier indicates search to me... hmm.

Offline Caco

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
How about using a clapboard? :)

Offline TSG

• Tireless poster
    • View Profile
    • RAWR-Designs
It has to fit in the set area and not look out of place, but that's a valid idea. Remember that icon is also used for Images and Music.